Monday, October 5, 2009

Horror Movie Month: Intro

October is one of my favorite months. The weather begins to cool, the seasons are changing, and it’s time for Halloween, which means it’s time for scary movies. I am definitely a fan of horror movies; the problem with that is I like good horror movies and the great majority of horror films made today are schlock, dreck, geek shows, gore fests…etc. However, there are still several high points in the genre, past and present.

I think all horror films fall into 3 general categories: the Slasher movie, the Supernatural, and the Monster movie. Each week in October I’ll go over what I think are some of the highlights from each horror category and give my own thoughts on the genre as a whole. I’ll also name some titles I think are can’t miss movies for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment